Saturday 30 September 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 30 September 2006 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 September
- The ''Los Angeles Times'' has reported that Jason Grimsley, a former pitcher for several Major League Baseball teams who has been accused of supplying performance-enhancing drugs to several players, allegedly named stars Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte, and Miguel Tejada in a sworn statement as users of performance-enhancers. (LA Times)
- In Nigeria, the collapse of a dam wall kills forty people in Gusau, Zamfara state. (ABC Australia)
- 18-year old Taťána Kuchařová from the Czech Republic was crowned Miss World 2006 at the conclusion of a ceremony held at Sala Kongresowa in Warsaw, Poland. 1st Runner-Up was Ioana Boitor from Romania and 2nd Runner-Up was Sabrina Housammi from Australia. 104 nations competed for the title. (Reuters)
- In Ireland the controversy continues over payments by businessmen friends to Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Bertie Ahern in 1993 when he was Minister for Finance it has come to light that the largest of the payments was drawn on a company cheque. (RTÉ)
- Talks between the European Union and the United States Department of Homeland Security on the transfer of airline passenger data break down. The US demands over 30 items of data on each passenger, an earlier agreement which had been deemed to break European privacy laws. Midnight tonight was the deadline for reaching a new agreement. Airlines face losing landing rights in the US if they do not provide the information, and heavy fines in the EU if they do. (BBC)
- Three lanes of the overpass on Boulevard de la Concorde and a pedestrian sidewalk collapsed onto Autoroute 19 in the Montreal area, Quebec. Two cars were trapped under, 5 were killed and at least 6 are injured, 2 critically. (CTV NEWS)
- A Brazilian Air Force search and rescue team locates the wreckage of Gol Transportes Aéreos Flight 1907 near the town of Peixoto de Azevedo, in northern Mato Grosso state. The Boeing 737-800 disappeared from radar after allegedly colliding in mid-air with an Embraer Legacy 600 executive jet. There are no reports on survivors. (AP)
- Indian police accuse Pakistan's security and intelligence service, the ISI, of masterminding the Mumbai train bombings in July, carried out by militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba, which killed nearly 200 people. (Reuters)
- West Coast Eagles beat Sydney Swans by 1 point to win 2006 AFL Grand Final.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?