Monday 15 March 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Vieira de Mello and Kate Bornstein.
The Big Clock, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1948 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Sergio Vieira de Mello: Brazilian diplomat (d. 2003).
- Kate Bornstein: American author, playwright, performance artist, and gender theorist.
- Donna Corso: American premature death; the only child of her parents, she died of acute leukemia on 11/8/1954.
- T Rodgers: American chemist, electrical engineer and CEO in charge of Cypress Semiconductor, a computer chip designing company.
- Gavin Stamp: English historian and author.
- Sérgio de Mello: Brazilian diplomat (d. 2003)
- Sir Laurence Olivier on the cover of LIFE magazine
- WCAU TV channel 10 in Philadelphia, PA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Sixteen nations plus the American, British, and French zones of Germany draft a convention for economic cooperation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?