Tuesday 1 August 1995
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Monasterio .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Waterfalls by TLC.
In UK Boom Boom Boom by The Outhere Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Babe, directed by Chris Noonan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Ladder Of Years by Anne Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toini ja Heikki Haaman Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Criticom or Emmitt Smith Football.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1995!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 August 1995 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Derrick Monasterio: Filipino actor singer and dancer.
- Westinghouse purchases CBS-TV network
- The first Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is held at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- TLC - Waterfalls
- Monica - Don't Take It Personal
- The Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance-Stay With Me
- Seal - Kiss From A Rose
- Shaggy - Boombastic
- All-4-One - I Can Love You Like That
- Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry
- Blues Traveler - Run-Around
- Vanessa Williams - Colors Of The Wind
- Jon B. - Someone To Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?