Sunday 6 August 1995
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca Peterson .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Waterfalls by TLC.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Babe, directed by Chris Noonan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes or Dirt Trax FX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1995!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1995 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Rebecca Peterson: Swedish tennis player.
- Damn Yankees closes at Marquis Theater NYC after 510 performances
- Indians and Browns play in Cleveland on same day for 1st time ever both lose - Chicago 5, Indians 1; Giants 19, Browns 13 (exhibition)
- Thousands of people in Hiroshima tribute on 50th anniversary of bomb
- Hundreds in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Washington, D.C., and Tokyo mark the 50th anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1995
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- TLC - Waterfalls
- Monica - Don't Take It Personal
- The Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance-Stay With Me
- Seal - Kiss From A Rose
- Shaggy - Boombastic
- All-4-One - I Can Love You Like That
- Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry
- Blues Traveler - Run-Around
- Vanessa Williams - Colors Of The Wind
- Jon B. - Someone To Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?