Friday 26 December 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 26, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Ferrat and Donald Moffat.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1930 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Jean Ferrat: French singer-songwriter and poet.
- Donald Moffat: English-American actor.
- Gulio Bosetti
- Sayed Mutawli imam ad-Darsh: Scholar / broadcaster.
- Harry Gamble: American football player coach and manager (d. 2014).
- Giulio Bosetti: Italian actor and director, who appeared in film, on television and on stage over 30 times.
- Jean-Pierre Roux: Montpellier Journalist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra