Sunday 1 February 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Gemberling and Sean Hampton.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Tide Is High by Blondie.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Eyewitness, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Side Effects by Woody Allen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Harper Valley P.T.A..
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Raster Blaster or Galactic Saga IV: Tawala's Last Redoubt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1981!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1981 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Sean Hampton: Actor.
- John Gemberling: Actor.
- Luis Lama: Angolan footballer.
- Graeme Smith: South African cricketer.
- Rob Austin: English race car driver.
- Christian Giménez: Argentinian footballer.
- Ernst Pepping: Composer, dies at 79.
- Donald Wills Douglas: Sr.
- Nils Geirr Tveitt: Norwegian composer, dies at age 72 (born 1908).
- Wanda Hendrix: American actress, a wholesome, baby-faced ingénue of grade-B films in the '50s with roles in over 21 films.
- Geirr Tveitt: Norwegian pianist and composer (d. 1981).
- 11th AFC-NFC pro bowl, NFC wins 21-7
- Duke Ellington-musical Sophisticated Ladies, premieres in New York City
- Dutch Antilles census is 231,932
- NFL Pro Bowl: NFC beats AFC 21-7
- Sandra Palmer win LPGA Whirlpool Golf Championship of Deer Creek.
- French government accord sends 60 Mirage fighter jets to Iraq.
- 31st NBA All-Star Game: East beats West 123-120 at Cleveland, Ohio.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Diana Ross - It's My Turn
- Barry Manilow - I Made It Through The Rain
Top #10 R&B songs
- Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage
- The Jacksons - Heartbreak Hotel
- Aretha Franklin - United Together
- The Gap Band - Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)
- Yarbrough & Peoples - Don't Stop The Music
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Parliament - Agony Of Defeet
- Barkays - Boogie Body Land
- Switch - Love Over And Over Again
- Too Tight - ConFunkShun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?