Tuesday 1 February 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bang Bang Racing or Black Mirror III: Final Fear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 1 February 2011 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 February
- 2011 Egyptian protests
- Protesters plan a ampquotmillion-man marchampquot on President Hosni Mubarak's presidential palace in Cairo starting at Tahrir Square. (Al Jazeera)
- At least two million people gather in Tahrir Square in the biggest demonstration since the popular revolution against the Mubarak regime began. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The government closes down Egyptian National Railways as well as Internet and mobile phone services. (CNN)
- Mubarak addresses the nation to tell the people of his refusal to leave Egypt, though promises to resign at the end of his term. He tells the people of Egypt that he is ampquotproud of his achievements over the years in serving Egypt and its peopleampquot. (ABC News)
- International response to the 2011 Egyptian protests:
- President of the United States Barack Obama urges Hosni Mubarak not to run for the presidency again, though stops short of telling him to resign immediately. He also called for the transition to democracy ampquotto begin nowampquot. (''Washington Post)
- Google and Twitter team up to build a voice-to-tweet system to allow Egyptians to tweet despite the closure of Internet and mobile phone systems. (''Fortune'')
- Abdullah of Jordan sacks the Jordanian government amid protests over prices in the country. (MC)
- A Buddhist family of four is shot killed by suspected Muslim separatists seeking autonomy from predominantly Buddhist Thailand in the latest attack in an escalation of violence in the southern Thailand. (Reuters)
- The owner of China's fourth-most visited website, Sohu.com Inc, posted a better-than-estimated 41 percent gain in profit after the company raised prices and boosted services such as video sharing. (China Daily)
- A court in London bars the oil company BP from entering into a planned joint venture and share swap with Rosneft, a state-controlled Russian company. (Reuters)
- Cyclone Yasi
- The Australian state of Queensland evacuates off-shore islands and low-lying parts of North Queensland ahead of Cyclone Yasi which is expected to hit the state as a Category 4 tropical cyclone late on Wednesday or early Thursday. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- US blizzard
- The United States National Weather Service issues a blizzard warning for nine states in the Midwestern United States with a storm affecting a total of 30 states from Texas to Maine. (AFP via Adelaide Now)
- The storm is expected to affect as much as a third of the U.S. population, and has already created dangerous travel conditions and forced the cancellation of thousands of flights and the closure of major interstate highways. (VOA)
- Chicago's Midway International Airport closes due to the snow with 1,300 flights cancelled at O'Hare Airport. (''Chicago Sun Times'')
- The Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker declares a state of emergency in southern Wisconsin as a result of the blizzard. (Channel 3000)
- The Shinmoedake volcano on the Japanese island of Kyūshū erupts again with its biggest explosion since becoming active again. (AP via Google News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 February 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Milan - Lazio : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Frankfurt FSV : 3 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Preston : 2 - 0
- Bristol City - Swansea : 0 - 2
- Cardiff - Reading : 2 - 2
- Coventry - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Eastbourne Borough - Gateshead : 0 - 3
- Histon - Fleetwood Town : 1 - 0
- Luton - Darlington : 4 - 0
- Rushden & D - Cambridge : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- No BS - Chris Brown
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Besame - Camila
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
As international business travel begins to rebound, fliers’ to-do lists get longer, including international cellphone coverage, credit card notifications and security. [..]
Demand for any available airplane in Europe and the Middle East is ferocious, and companies are chartering planes to get employees to London and Dubai. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.74
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.38
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $81.63
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.08
- 1 CHF = 7.0491 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6569 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.944 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.674 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?