Sunday 8 February 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Célyne Durand and Bertrand Grospellier.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Celebration by Kool & The Gang.
In UK Shaddup You Face by Joe Dolce Music Theatre was in the top 5 hits.
Barsaat Ki Ek Raat, directed by Shakti Samanta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Harper Valley P.T.A..
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Baseball or Donkey.bas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1981!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1981 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Célyne Durand
- Bertrand Grospellier
- Myriam Montemayor Cruz: Mexican singer.
- Dawn Olivieri: Actress.
- Jim Parrack: Actor.
- Myriam Cruz: Mexican singer.
- Steve Gohouri: Ivorian footballer (d. 2015).
- Sophie Choudry: English actress and singer.
- Tommy Michaels in Staten Island: New York; actor (Timmy Hutton - All My Children).
- Brigadoon closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 133 performances
- Sally Little wins LPGA Elizabeth Arden Golf Classic.
- US male Figure Skating championship won by Scott Hamilton.
- Twenty-one association football spectators are trampled to death at Karaiskakis Stadium in Neo Faliro, Greece, after a football match between Olympiacos F.C. and AEK Athens FC.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- John Lennon - Woman
- Diana Ross - It's My Turn
- Delbert McClinton - Giving It Up For Your Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage
- The Jacksons - Heartbreak Hotel
- Aretha Franklin - United Together
- Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me) - The Gap Band
- Yarbrough & Peoples - Don't Stop The Music
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Boogie Body Land - Barkays
- Too Tight - ConFunkShun
- Switch - Love Over And Over Again
- The Jones Girls - I Just Love The Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?