Wednesday 1 July 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryant Jones and Andrew and Steven Cavarno.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
In UK Abba-esque (EP) by Erasure was in the top 5 hits.
A League of Their Own, directed by Penny Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Abandoned Places: A Time for Heroes or Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1992!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1992 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Bryant Jones: Camarillo, California -- Actor (Nate Hastings - Young and the Restless).
- Andrew and Steven Cavarno: twin American actors.
- Mia Malkova: American porn actress.
- Aaron Sanchez: American baseball player.
- Hannah Whelan: English gymnast.
- 6.6 earthquake in Big Bear Valley of Los Angeles
- Ali Kafi becomes President of Algeria
- Fox broadcasting adds Wednesday night TV programming
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) - Mariah Carey
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Arrested Development - Tennessee
- The Cover Girls - Wishing On A Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?