Thursday 1 July 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Twisted.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos Rings or DJMAX Portable 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 July 2010 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 July
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill
- According to recent estimates, the Deepwater Horizon oil spill has overtaken Ixtoc I in volume to become the United States' worst oceanic oil spill in recorded history. (''USA Today'')
- Animal welfare groups sue BP for burning endangered sea turtles and ask the court to stop the controlled burning of spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, claiming BP is violating the Endangered Species Act and other laws. (''The Australian'')
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict:
- In response to a rocket attack on southern Israel, Israeli airforce jets strike several targets in Gaza overnight, including Yasser Arafat International Airport, a weapons manufacturing facility and an infiltration tunnel into Israel. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- European Union High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton says the planned demolition of Palestinian houses in East Jerusalem for an archeological park and tourist center is ampquotan obstacle to peaceampquot and ampquotillegal under international lawampquot. (''Israel National News'')
- The son of a founding member of Hamas is granted asylum in the United States. (Aljazeera)
- The Shanghai–Nanjing High-Speed Railway goes into operation the journey takes 73 minutes with a top-speed of 350km/h (217 mph). (Xinhua)
- Six people are killed and ten others injured in Shenzhen after a space shuttle simulator ride plunged to the ground at a popular amusement park. (ntdtv)
- More than 300 kilograms of drugs - opium, morphine, ice (methamphetamine hydrochloride), ketamine and dancing outreach - are incinerated in the suburbs of Lhasa, Tibet. (tibet.cn)
- An estimated 52,000 people took part in anti-government protests in the former British colony of Hong Kong. Bloomberg
- Inter-Korean Relations
- North Korea asks the United Nations Security Council to investigate the sinking of the ''Cheonan''. Diplomats say South Korea wants the council to condemn North Korea. (Aljazeera)
- Two North Koreans are jailed in South Korea over an assassination plot on a high-ranking North Korean defector, Hwang Jang-yop. (BBC)
- 11 Kurdish, a soldier and three members of a Kurdish militia, part of the security forces, are killed in clashes in southeast Turkey, reports Anatolia news agency. (Khaleej Times)
- The United States Government actively seizes the domains of 7 U.S. based (The Register UK)
- The Afghan government calls for an international inquiry amid what it sees as ampquotunjustampquot claims made by Nita Lowey, current chair of the House Appropriations Committee in the United States, that suitcases of cash are being flown out of the country. The United States blocks billions of dollars of aid due to Lowey's claims. (AFP via ''Daily Times'')
- At least 42 people are killed and at least 175 are injured in three suicide bomb explosions at the Data Darbar Sufi shrine in Lahore. (Xinhua)
- The United Kingdom's Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) reports there has been a surge in cases of gay and bisexual men in some communities being forced to marry by their families. (''The Guardian'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Over - Drake
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Savior - Rise Against
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Muse - Resistance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The aircraft maker said it would buy Argon ST to expand its capabilities in warfare and intelligence gathering. [..]
A former oil futures broker engineered a jump in the price of oil a year ago and cost his firm millions after a weekend of heavy drinking, Britain’s financial regulator disclosed. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.24
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $69.86
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.85
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.15
- 1 CHF = 6.3959 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4039 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0016 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.74 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?