Thursday July 01, 1993
US date format: 7/1/1993, UK date format: 1/7/1993
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 1, 1993). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Raini Rodriguez and Anna Pohlak.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson.
In UK Dreams by Gabrielle was in the top 5 hits.
In the Line of Fire, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Fifties by David Halberstam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Face the Music.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon's Lair III: The Curse of Mordread or The 7th Saga.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 01, 1993?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- See more
- 1 second is added to the clock
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 01, 1993?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?