Sunday 1 March 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Thompson and Ray Crittenden.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Grows) by Edison Lighthouse was in the top 5 hits.
Airport, directed by George Seaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Mary Queen Of Scots by Antonia Fraser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nase malo misto.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1970 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Stuart Thompson: Australian baseball infielder (Olympics-1996).
- Ray Crittenden: wide receiver (San Diego Chargers).
- Lisa Eagen in Harlan: Iowa, USA; team handball wing/back court (Olympics-1996).
- Jason V Brock: American author.
- Jason Brock: American author director and producer.
- Miho Nakayama: Japanese singer actress and model
- End of US commercial whale hunting.
- Atje Keulen-Deelstra becomes world champion all-round ladies skater.
- White government of Rhodesia declares independence from Britain.
- Rhodesia severs its last tie with the United Kingdom, declaring itself a republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- The Guess Who - No Time
- The Tee Set - Ma Belle Amie
- The Temptations - Psychedelic Shack
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?