Wednesday 25 March 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Magnus Larsson and Shawn Antoski in Brantford.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
The Sicilian Clan, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ashita no Jô.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1970 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Magnus Larsson: in Sweden; tennis star.
- Shawn Antoski in Brantford: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Philadelphia Flyers).
- Teri Moise: American singer.
- Elke Winkens: German-Austrian actress.
- Kevin McCullough: Radio Host.
- Concorde makes its first supersonic flight (700 MPH/1,127 KPH).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?