Wednesday 18 March 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Queen Latifah [Dana Owens] in Newark and Sarah Thorsett in Winona.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Love, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Reiter von Padola.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1970 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Queen Latifah [Dana Owens] in Newark: New Jersey; rap singer/actress (Khadijah James - Living Single).
- Sarah Thorsett in Winona: Minnesota, USA; 1.5k runner.
- Latifah: American singer whose debut album, "All Hail the Queen," came out in 1989.
- KAEC TV channel 19 in Lufkin, TX (ABC) suspends broadcasting
- Mail service paralyzed by 1st major postal strike
- NFL selects Wilson as official football and scoreboard as official time.
- US mail service paralyzed by first major postal strike.
- Cambodia military coup under General Lon Nol; prince Sihanuk flees.
- Lon Nol ousts Prince Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Santana - Evil Ways
- The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?