Thursday 19 March 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Fleming and Rick Mirer NFL quarterback (Seattle Seahawks.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Love, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Reiter von Padola.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1970 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Sean Fleming: Canadian Football League kicker (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Rick Mirer NFL quarterback (Seattle Seahawks: Chicago Bears).
- Errol Refos: soccer player (Feyenoord).
- Janne Laukenen in Lahti: Finland; NHL defenseman (Finland Olympics-Bronze-1998, Washington Senators).
- Gert Bettens: Belgian guitarist and songwriter (K's Choice).
- W German chancellor and E German Premier Willy Brandt meet
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Santana - Evil Ways
- The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?