Thursday 1 March 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to What Goes Around…Comes Around by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Shooter, directed by Antoine Fuqua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Milon's Secret Castle or Arena Football: Road to Glory.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 March 2007 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 March
- Tornadoes break out across the southern United States, killing at least 20; eight of the deaths are at a high school in Enterprise, Alabama.
- ''Squatters'' are evicted from Ungdomshuset in Copenhagen, Denmark, provoking the March 2007 Denmark Riots.
- Ten French tourists are kidnapped in northern Ethiopia. (AP via CNN)
- The Spanish Government moves hungerstriking ETA prisoner Iñaki de Juana Chaos from a cell in Madrid to one in the Basque Country. (AP via the Houston Chronicle)
- Switzerland accidentally invades Liechtenstein after 171 infantrymen get lost and cross the Liechtenstein border. (BBC)
- A human case of bird flu is confirmed in China. (USA Today)
- Pakistani authorities capture Mullah Obaidullah Akhund, a former Defense Minister of Afghanistan under the Taliban. (Voice of America)
- India requests the extradition of Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi from Argentina in relation to the Bofors scandal. (NDTV)
- A boat carrying Haitian migrants catches fire off the coast of the Dominican Republic resulting in the death of at least eight people and 44 people missing. (AP via Fox News)
- Dozens of people are arrested in Copenhagen as the police evict squatters from The Youth House in the centre of the city. (AP via IHT)
- The Turkish government orders an investigation into claims that the Kurdish separatist leader Abdullah Öcalan was poisoned. (BBC)
- Eight people die in a landmine explosion in Chhattisgarh, India. (BBC)
- A New South Wales coroner issues a warrant for the arrest of Indonesian politician Yunus Yosfiah for failure to appear to give evidence in the coronial inquest into the death of the Balibo Five in Balibo, East Timor in 1975. (News Limited)
- Greek archaeologists announce that a 2,200-year-old statue of the goddess Hera has been found during excavations in the ruins of ancient Dion, a city under Mount Olympus. (AP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?