Monday October 1, 1984
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mónica Spear and Clémence Castel.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Let's Go Crazy by Prince.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Radford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Tough Guys Don'T Dance by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mensch Bachmann.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boulder Dash or Excitebike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1984!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1984 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Mónica Spear: Venezuelan model and actress Miss Venezuela 2004 (d. 2014).
- Clémence Castel: French actress, known for Fear Factor (2003), Les aventuriers de Koh-Lanta (2001) and La méthode Cauet (2003).
- Sam Saletta
- Bartholomew Ogbeche
- Matt Cain: American baseball player.
- BecK Bennett
- Daniel Ruiz: Spanish footballer.
- Beck Bennett: American actor and screenwriter.
- Greg Davis: Vine Star.
- Daniel Guillen: Spanish footballer.
- Walter Alston: American baseball player and manager (Born 1911).
- Peter Ueberroth replaces Bowie Kuhn as 6th commissioner of baseball.
- Gary Trudeau's Doonesbury comic strip resumes after two-year hiatus.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 October 1984
- Cincinnati Bengals - Pittsburgh Steelers : 17 - 38
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince And The Revolution - Let's Go Crazy
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Joyce Kennedy & Jeffrey Osborne - The Last Time I Made Love
- Alicia Myers - You Get The Best From Me
- Mtume - You, Me And He
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Diana Ross - Swept Away
- The S.O.S. Band - Just The Way You Like It
- Janet Jackson - Don't Stand Another Chance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?