Monday 1 October 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Guillen and Clémence Castel.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Let's Go Crazy by Prince.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Ninja III: The Domination, directed by Sam Firstenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Opzoek naar Yolanda.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hogan's Alley or New York City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1984!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1984 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Daniel Guillen: Spanish footballer.
- Clémence Castel: French actress, known for Fear Factor (2003), Les aventuriers de Koh-Lanta (2001) and La méthode Cauet (2003).
- Greg Davis: Vine Star.
- Beck Bennett: American actor and screenwriter.
- Matt Cain: American baseball player.
- Daniel Ruiz: Spanish footballer
- Mónica Spear: Venezuelan model and actress Miss Venezuela 2004 (d. 2014)
- Walter Alston: American baseball player and manager (Born 1911).
- Peter Ueberroth replaces Bowie Kuhn as 6th commissioner of baseball.
- Gary Trudeau's Doonesbury comic strip resumes after two-year hiatus.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 October 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?