Thursday 11 October 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nivin Pauly and Sergio Hellings.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Blood Simple., directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Big Deal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brain Strainers or Dream House (video game).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 11 October 1984 ?
- Nivin Pauly: Movie Actor.
- Sergio Hellings: Dutch footballer.
- Martha MacIsaac: Canadian-American actress producer and screenwriter.
- 1st space walk by US woman (Dr Kathryn D Sullivan)
- NASA launches space vehicle S-208
- VP candidate debate-Graldine Ferraro (D) and George Bush (R)
- US Vice Presidential candidate debate: Geraldine Ferraro (Democrat) and George Bush (Republican).
- Aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger, astronaut Kathryn D. Sullivan becomes the first American woman to perform a space walk.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Prince - Let's Go Crazy
- The Cars - Drive
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
- Madonna - Lucky Star
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- John Waite - Missing You
- Bruce Springsteen - Cover Me
- Sheila E. - The Glamorous Life
- Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 11 October 1984 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?