Thursday 2 January 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christy Turlington and Patrick Huard.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Senator by Drew Pearson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Narren nach Noten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1969!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 2 January 1969 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Christy Turlington: Model.
- Patrick Huard: Canadian actor director and screenwriter.
- Rick Tabaracci in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; NHL goalie (Calgary Flames).
- Robert Svehla in Martin: Czechoslovakia; NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers, Slovakia).
- István Bagyula: Hungarian pole vaulter.
- William Fox-Pitt: English horse rider and journalist.
- Stephen Davies: Aust field hockey forward / vice Captain (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Karl-Heinz Grasser: Austrian businessman and politician 16th Finance Minister of Austria.
- Glen Johnson: Jamaican boxer.
- Tommy Morrison: American boxer and actor (d. 2013).
- Robby Gordon: American race car driver.
- Christy Turlington in San Francisco: California, USA; model (Calvin Klein Eternity).
- Georges Renevant: Actor (Cornered), dies after long illness at 74.
- Fig Leaves Are Falling opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Soviet Sport calls Emile Zatopek a public enemy
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?