Saturday 13 September 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James McLane and Arthur Thompson.
Madam Satan, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1930
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 13 September 1930. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1930 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- James McLane: United States -- 1500m freestyle swimmer (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Arthur Thompson: Scottish criminal godfather of Glasgow for more than three decades.
- Robert Gavron: Baron Gavron English publisher and philanthropist (d. 2015).
- 50th US Mens Tennis: J H Doeg beats Francis Shields (10-8 16 64 16-14)
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 20,000m (1:04:38.4)
- Tommy Armour wins PGA golf tournament
- A fireball plunges into the sea near Eureka, California.