Sunday 12 January 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Prosinecki and Cam Russell in Halifax.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Rich And The Super-Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alle Hunde lieben Theobald.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1969 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Robert Prosinecki: Croatian footballer.
- Cam Russell in Halifax: Nova Scotia, Canada; NHL defenseman (Chicago Blackhawks).
- David Mitchell: English author and translator.
- Margaret Nagle: American screenwriter and TV producer.
- Golden Rainbow closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 355 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?