Tuesday 2 July 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Natali Sacco and Matthew Reilly.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rock The Boat by The Hues Corporation.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1974 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Natali Sacco: Miss Universe - Peru (1996).
- Matthew Reilly: Australian author.
- Allison McCurdy: in Fort Worth, Texas, USA; Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader (1996-97), actress (Fatal Kiss), pin-up calendar model (50+ appearances), executive (My Gig Productions).
- Rocky Gray: American drummer and guitarist (Evanescence, Living Sacrifice).
- Tim Christensen: Danish singer and multi-instrumentalist (Dizzy Mizz Lizzy).
- Fernando Mameda of Portugal sets record for 10,000 m (27:13.81)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- Anne Murray - You Won't See Me
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - On And On
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?