Sunday June 02, 1974
US date format: 6/2/1974, UK date format: 2/6/1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 2, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gata Kamsky and Leah Cairns.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Bootleggers, directed by Charles B. Pierce, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Times To Remember by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 02, 1974?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Baltimore Golf Classic
- Mali adopts constitution
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 02, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Cat Stevens - Oh Very Young
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
- Four Tops - One Chain Don't Make No Prison
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- James Brown - The Payback
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 02If June 02, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 3 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 3 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 02, 1974?
On June 02, 1974 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is June 02, 1974?
On June 02, 1974 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 02, 1974?
On June 02, 1974 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 02, 1974?
On June 02, 1974 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 02, 1974?
On June 02, 1974 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 02, 1974?
On June 02, 1974 several famous people were born including, Gata Kamsky, Leah Cairns, Raiko Pachel.
Which famous people died on June 02, 1974?
Famous people died on June 02, 1974 include, Elliott Sullivan, Hiroshi Kazato.
What was the number one song in June 02, 1974?
The number one song in the week of June 02, 1974 was The Streak by Ray Stevens in US and Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes in UK.
What were the top hits on June 02, 1974?
The top hits on June 02, 1974 were The Streak by Ray Stevens, Band On The Run by Paul McCartney, Dancing Machine by Jackson 5 in US and Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes, Waterloo by Abba, Shang-A-Lang by Bay City Rollers in UK.