Monday 2 March 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Simmons and Russ Feingold.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Old Man And The Sea by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1953 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- William Simmons: sax/keyboardist (Midnight Star - "No Parking").
- Russ Feingold: American politician, a Democratic Wisconsin State Senator 1983-1993, and U.S.
- Dave Tobik: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers (1978–1982), Texas Rangers (1983–1984), and Seattle Mariners (1985).
- Jim Lightbody: American runner (Born 1882).
- The Academy Awards are first broadcast on television by NBC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?