Monday 2 February 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Kovalev and Louis Sclavis.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Wonderful Country by Tom Lea was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Private Secretary.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 1953 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Vladimir Kovalev: Russian skater, he was the World Skating Champion 1977-80.
- Louis Sclavis: French jazz musician.
- Penny Pulz: LPGA golfer.
- Duane Chapman: American bounty hunter.
- Jerry Sisk: Jr.
- Gustav Strube: Composer, dies at 85.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?