Sunday 22 March 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Rocher and Robin Le Mesurier.
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The War of the Worlds, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Galileans by Frank G. Slaughter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1953 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Didier Rocher: French business executive and noted family, one of three sons of industrialist Yves Rocher, famed producer of "natural" cosmetics.
- Robin Le Mesurier
- Peter McEvoy: Actor (Against the Innocent).
- Thomas H: Andrews; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Maine).
- James Anderson II: (Jo-Northern Exposure).
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Betsy Rawls Golf Open.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?