Saturday 2 May 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Engelbert Humperdinck (singer) and Philippe Véron.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 May 1936 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Engelbert Humperdinck (singer)
- Philippe Véron
- Norma Aleandro: Argentinian actress director and screenwriter.
- Kwon-taek Im
- Quinn Redeker
- Quinn Redeker in Woodstock: Illinois, USA; actor (Dan Raven, The Young and the Restless).
- Michael Rabin in New York City: New York, USA; violinist (In Memorium).
- Engelbert Humperdinck: British singer who was born in India and has performed many hit songs, including some pop and ballads.
- Michael Rabin: American violinist (Born 1936).
- Peter & Wolf premieres in Moscow
- Emperor Haile Selassie and family flee Abyssinia.
- 62nd Kentucky Derby: Ira Hanford aboard Bold Venture wins in 2:03.6.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?