Thursday 2 October 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcus Robertson and Matthew Walbeck.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
The Undefeated, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Linda Goodman'S Sun Signs by Linda Goodman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mary Mungo & Midge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1969 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Marcus Robertson: NFL safety / cornerback (Houston / Tenn Oilers).
- Matthew Walbeck: Sacramento, California -- Catcher (Minn Twins).
- Damon Gough: English singer.
- Jun Akiyama: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Badly Boy: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Mitch English: American actor and talk show host
- Katharine Susannah Prichard: Novelist (Black Opal), dies at 85.
- Seattle Pilots play last game in Seattle, Washington, defeated by the Oakland Athletics' 3-1 for their 98th loss of year. The American League's newest franchise attracts only 677, 944 fans for the season and will play in Milwaukee as the Brewers next season.
- A 1.2 megaton thermonuclear device is tested at Amchitka Island, Alaska. This test is code-named Project Milrow, the 11th test of the Operation Mandrel 1969–1970 underground nuclear test series. This test is known as a quotcalibration shotquot to test if the island is fit for larger underground nuclear detonations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?