Wednesday 15 October 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Curtis Cotton and Vanessa Marcil.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Can't Get Next To You by The Temptations.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Marlowe, directed by Paul Bogart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Kingdom And The Power by Gay Talese was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange Paradise.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1969 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Curtis Cotton: NFL / WLAF cornerback (Oak Raiders, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Vanessa Marcil: American actress.
- Vitor Baia: Portuguese footballer.
- Dominic West: British actor.
- Paige Davis: American television personality and actress.
- Vítor Baía: Portuguese footballer
- Bank of America World Headquarters (555 California) dedicated
- Oriole Earl Weaver becomes 1st manager ejected in a World Series
- Vietnam Moratorium Day; millions in US nationwide protest the war.
- Madison Square Garden TV Network begins (New York Rangers vs Minnesota North Stars).
- Vietnam War; The Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam is held in Washington DC and across the US. Over 2 million demonstrate nationally; about 250,000 in the nation's capitol.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- Marvin Gaye - That's The Way Love Is
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?