Sunday 19 October 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Edward and Trey Parker.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Can't Get Next To You by The Temptations.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Marlowe, directed by Paul Bogart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Kingdom And The Power by Gay Talese was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange Paradise.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1969!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 1969 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- John Edward: American psychic, host of the TV series "Crossing Over With John Edward," in which he roams through his studio audiences, transmitting messages from their dearly departed.
- Trey Parker: Director.
- Roger Cross
- Dieter Thoma: German skier, champion ski jumper.
- DJ Sammy: Spanish DJ and producer.
- Erwin Sánchez: Bolivian footballer and manager.
- Zdeno Ciger: Martin, Slovakia -- NHL left wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Erwin Sanchez: Bolivian footballer.
- J Bock and S Harnicks musical Rothschilds, premieres in New York City
- Mary Mills wins LPGA Quality Chekd Golf Classic
- Oakland Darryle Lamonica passes for 6 touchdowns vs. Buffalo (50-21)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- Marvin Gaye - That's The Way Love Is
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 October 1969
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 21 - 7
- Baltimore Colts - New Orleans Saints : 30 - 10
- Chicago Bears - Detroit Lions : 7 - 13
- Green Bay Packers - Los Angeles Rams : 21 - 34
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?