Tuesday 21 October 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John McMullen and Tracy Yarbrough.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Can't Get Next To You by The Temptations.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Marlowe, directed by Paul Bogart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange Paradise.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1969 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- John McMullen: Santa Rosa, California -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 NCAA-15th).
- Tracy Yarbrough: Miss Idaho USA (1996).
- Karine Quentrec: French tennis player, professional from the late 1980s to 1996.
- Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa: crown prince of Bahrain.
- Michael Hancock: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Mo Lewis: American football player
- Bloodless coup in Somalia (National Day)
- Maj General Mohamed Siad Barre becomes President of Somali
- Willy Burns elected chancellor of West Germany
- A coup d'etat in Somalia brings Siad Barre to power.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 October 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Smith - Baby It's You
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
- Lou Christie - I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?