Monday 3 May 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Universal Dead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front or Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 2010 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 May
- Ajmal Kasab, the only surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is found guilty of murder, conspiracy, and waging war against India. (NDTV)
- American air carriers United and Continental officially announce a merger that will create the world's largest airline. (Bloomberg)
- Darfur rebel group, the Justice and Equality Movement, breaks off peace talks with the Sudanese government, accusing it of a renewing the conflict with a military offensive that has included airstrikes and ground attacks over the past week. (''The Washington Post'')
- The death toll reaches 28 as flooding from weekend storms worsens in southern US towns and cities, including Nashville in Middle Tennessee, and parts of Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi. (CNN)
- Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva proposes to hold elections on 14 November to end the political crisis in the country. (BBC)
- World Press Freedom Day:
- Journalists protesting against the prison death of Cameroon newspaper editor Bibi Ngota clash with police in Yaoundé as hundreds are prevented from staging a sit-in at the office of the prime minister. (BBC)
- Paris-based media watchdog group Reporters Without Borders names the leaders of North Korea (Kim Jong-il), Russia (Vladimir Putin) and Rwanda (Paul Kagame) as as some of the world's worst ampquotpredators of freedomampquot and lists offences against press freedom in 40 countries. (''New York Daily News'')
- The Irish Aviation Authority closes Donegal Airport, cancels at least two flights and announces the closure of all airspace in Ireland on Monday due to Icelandic volcanic ash, while British Airports, including some in Scotland, may also be affected due to continued eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull volcano. (RTÉ)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton exchange criticism of each other’s countries nuclear policies at the opening of the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty Review Conference at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. (''USA Today'')
- Australian mining stocks plummet after the government passes a new 40% profit tax on the industry. International mining companies warn that many new mining projects may be canceled. (Reuters)
- Norsk Hydro secures 100 years worth of bauxite supply in a US$4.9 billion deal. (Bloomberg)
- Hundreds of Egyptian workers protest outside Egypt's cabinet building to request a rise in their minimum wage. (Al Jazeera)
- A manual recount gets underway in Baghdad. (Al Jazeera)
- Neil Robertson becomes the first Australian to win the World Snooker Championship since 1952 and the first player from outside the UK and Ireland to win the world title since 1980. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il arrives in China on a rare foreign visit. (Al Jazeera)
- The European Commission proposes rules for imports of fishery products from Greenland into the EU. (EU Business)
- Uganda's highest ice cap in the Rwenzori mountain range splits. (BBC)
- Natavia Lowery, PA to former Ramones manager Linda S. Stein, is given a 25 year to life jail sentence for beating Stein to death on 30 October 2007. (''The Washington Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 May 2010
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Gimnastic - Real Union : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Angers : 1 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Blackburn - Arsenal : 2 - 1
- Wigan - Hull : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Empoli - Brescia : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Over - Drake
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Give Me A Sign (Forever And Ever) - Breaking Benjamin
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The mobile-video audience is tiny, but TV and film companies foresee an increasingly wireless world — and don’t want to be left out of the picture. [..]
Richard X. Bove, the outspoken banking analyst at Rochdale Securities, said Goldman Sachs should oust its top executives because they failed to understand the politics of the financial crisis and mishandled regulators’ accusations of fraud against the firm. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.67
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.90
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.26
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $52.04
- 1 CHF = 6.287 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7554 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0748 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.323 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?