Monday 3 November 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Mapple and Sue Daniels.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1958 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Andrew Mapple: US water skier.
- Sue Daniels: Adelaide, South Australia -- Golfer (1983 Victorian Amateur Champ).
- Harry Revel: Movie Composer (Sitting Pretty, Gay Divorcee).
- The new UNESCO building is inaugurated in Paris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?