Tuesday 11 November 1958, Veteran's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Lacamara and Luz Casal.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
I Want to Live!, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Herblock'S Special For Today by Herbert Block was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1958 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Carlos Lacamara: Cuban-born American actor.
- Luz Casal: Spanish singer-songwriter and actress.
- Kazimieras Černis: Lithuanian astronomer and astrophysicist.
- Carlos Lacámara: Cuban-American actor and playwright.
- Kathy Lette: Australian-English author.
- La Plume de Ma Tante opens at Royale Theater NYC for 835 performances
- AL announces Kansas City will play AL record 52 night games in 1959
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?