Saturday 22 November 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Lee Curtis in Los Angeles and Bruce Payne.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tom Dooley by The Kingston Trio.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Houseboat, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1958 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Jamie Lee Curtis in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Anything But Love, Halloween).
- Bruce Payne: English actor.
- Luc Bigé: French astrologer.
- Jean-Hervé Bradol: French medical doctor who works as research director in the CRASH Foundation, a research centre of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
- Jamie Curtis: American actress and noted family, the daughter of Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh.
- Horse : Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Lee Guetterman: Chattanooga, Tennessee -- Pitcher (New York Yankees, Seattle Mariners)
- The Menzies Liberal government in Australia is re-elected for a fifth term.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?