Thursday 3 November 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angus McLaren and Jamie Laing.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kokomo by The Beach Boys.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Child's Play, directed by Tom Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while A Brief History Of Time by Stephen W. Hawking was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Neizchezvashtite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barbarian II: The Dungeon of Drax or Kuri Kinton.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 3 November 1988 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
Famous Birthdays:03 November
- Henri van Praag: Dutch para-psychologist.
- Reagan signs credit-card disclosure-bill
- Soviet Union agrees to allow teaching of Hebrew.
- Pakistan claims it downed Afghan warplane.
- US President Ronald Reagan signs credit-card disclosure-bill.
- Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom's request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
- Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time
- INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
- U2 - Desire
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?