Thursday November 3, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 3, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angus McLaren and Jamie Laing.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kokomo by The Beach Boys.
In UK First Time by Robin Beck was in the top 5 hits.
Child's Play, directed by Tom Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Duchess Of Windsor by Charles Higham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Goal! or Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 November 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1988!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1988 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
Famous Birthdays:03 November
- Henri van Praag: Dutch para-psychologist.
- Reagan signs credit-card disclosure-bill
- Soviet Union agrees to allow teaching of Hebrew.
- Pakistan claims it downed Afghan warplane.
- US President Ronald Reagan signs credit-card disclosure-bill.
- Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom's request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
- Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time
- INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
- U2 - Desire
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Luther Vandross - Any Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Don't Rock The Boat - Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Cheryl Pepsii Riley - Thanks For My Child
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Al B. Sure! - Rescue Me
- Ready For The World - My Girly
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Dance Little Sister
- Deniece Williams - I Can't Wait
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Franco - MARIA
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Marisela - YA NO
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- HAZME TUYA UNA VEZ MAS - Isabel Pantoja
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?