Wednesday 19 November 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terrence ''TC'' Carson and Jean-Francois Clervoy.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tom Dooley by The Kingston Trio.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Houseboat, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1958 ?
- Terrence ''TC'' Carson: American actor.
- Jean-Francois Clervoy: French astronaut who participated in the last NASA mission.
- Isabella Blow: English magazine editor (d. 2007).
- Algirdas Butkevičius: Lithuanian sergeant and politician 12th Prime Minister of Lithuania.
- Terrence Carson: American actor and singer.
- Annette Gordon-Reed: American historian author and academic
- Charlie Kaufman: American director producer and screenwriter
- Michael Wilbon: American sportscaster and journalist
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?