Thursday 3 November 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Prime and Marcel "Baaf" Stavenuiter.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
North to Alaska, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1960 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- James Prime: British rock keyboardist (Deacon Blue-Pay Day).
- Marcel "Baaf" Stavenuiter: Dutch drummer (Bob Color).
- Sharon Monplaisir: NYC, New York -- Fencer-epee (1996 Olympics).
- William Monahan: American award-winning screenwriter and novelist, Monahan won an Oscar on February 25, 2007 for his work on Martin Scorsese's "The Departed" (released in 2006).
- Karch Kiraly: Jackson, Michigan -- Volleyballer (1984, 88 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Paul Willis: American actor and director (d. 1960).
- Unsinkable Molly Brown opens at Winter Garden NYC for 532 performances
- Ivory Coast adopts constitution
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 November 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?