Monday 7 November 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Thayer .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Spring, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Nylon Pirates by Nicholas Monsarrat was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tommy Thayer: American guitarist (Kiss).
- Alvin Carter: Vocalist (Carter Family), dies at 69.
- KNRR TV channel 12 in Pembina, ND (IND) begins broadcsting
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Roy Orbison - Blue Angel
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?