Friday 3 November 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Armstrong-Jones and Kari Michaelson.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Flower Drum Song, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Making Of The President 1960 by Theodore H. White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1961!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 November 1961 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- David Armstrong-Jones: British royalty, the son of Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Armstrong-Jones.
- Kari Michaelson
- Jean-Michel Maire
- David AC viscount Linley: Son of English Princess Margaret / mystic.
- Kari Michaelsen in New York City: USA; actress (Katie - Gimme a Break).
- Dave Hahn: Japanese-American mountaineer and journalist.
- General Assembly unanimously elects U Thant acting secretary general
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?