Tuesday 3 September 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca Bailey and Sergei Yerkovich.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Run, Joe, Run.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1974 ?
- Rebecca Bailey: Christchurch, New Zealand -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Sergei Yerkovich: Hockey defenseman (Team Belarus 1998).
- Vincenzo Campanella: Italian homicide; the killer of a five-year-old boy on 3/05/1992 in Palermo when he was 17.
- Clare Kramer: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Rahul Sanghvi: Indian cricketer.
- Harry Partch: Oakland, California -- Composer (Oedipus).
- Giants John Montefusco makes his major league debut
- US and German DR establish diplomatic relations
- NBA guard Oscar Robinson retires.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 September 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?