Monday September 23, 1974
US date format: 9/23/1974, UK date format: 23/9/1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 23, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cyril Hanouna and Matt Hardy.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
A Woman Under the Influence, directed by John Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Memory Book by Harry Lorayne and Jerry Lucas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolchak: The Night Stalker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 23, 1974?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- See more
- Gypsy opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 120 performances
- BBC Ceefax begins 1st teletext service
- The Fort Knox Bullion Depository gold supply is examined by Congress and the press.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 23, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- First Class - Beach Baby
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
- Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night
- Johnny Bristol - Hang On In There Baby
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Ohio Players - Skin Tight
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- The Miracles - Do It Baby
- The Isley Brothers - Live It Up Part 1
- James Brown - Papa Don't Take No Mess (Part I)
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
- Four Tops - Midnight Flower
- Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
- Brother To Brother - In The Bottle
Sport Games on September 23, 1974
- Dallas Cowboys - Philadelphia Eagles : 10 - 13
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 23If September 23, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 1 month, 8 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 23 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 23, 1974?
On September 23, 1974 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is September 23, 1974?
On September 23, 1974 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on September 23, 1974?
On September 23, 1974 the US President was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 23, 1974?
On September 23, 1974 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on September 23, 1974?
On September 23, 1974 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on September 23, 1974?
On September 23, 1974 several famous people were born including, Cyril Hanouna, Matt Hardy, Felix Mantilla.
Which famous people died on September 23, 1974?
Famous people died on September 23, 1974 include, Gerhard Nebel, Robbie McIntosh.
What was the number one song in September 23, 1974?
The number one song in the week of September 23, 1974 was Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim in US and Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas in UK.
What were the top hits on September 23, 1974?
The top hits on September 23, 1974 were Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim, I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton-John, Nothing From Nothing by Billy Preston in US and Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas, Love Me For A Reason by The Osmonds, Annie's Song by John Denver in UK.