Monday 9 September 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennie Kwan and Divine Brown.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Shot The Sheriff by Eric Clapton.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1974 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Jennie Kwan: Glendale, California -- Actress (Samantha Woo-California Dreams).
- Divine Brown: Canadian singer.
- Ana Carolina: Brazilian singer, composer and musician.
- Mathias Farm: Swedish guitarist (Millencolin).
- Britany Petros: American contestant on a TV game show called Big Brother, a show set in "real time.
- Kelly Crean: American TV actress
- Vikram Batra: Indian captain (d. 1999)
- Shane Crawford: Australian footballer and television host
- Marcos Curiel: American guitarist (P.O.D.), Songwriter, Producer.
- Mathias Färm: Swedish singer and guitarist
- Gok Wan: English fashion stylist author and television host
- Brittany Petros: American actress producer casting director
- Sultan Ismail Hajibeyov: Composer, dies at 55.
- 88th US Womens Tennis: B J M King beats E Goolagong Cawley (36 63 75)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 September 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?