Saturday 4 August 2007US date format: 8/4/2007, UK date format: 4/8/2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 4, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Beneath, directed by Dagen Merrill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wainy Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3DiTeams or Animal Paradise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2007 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- Raul Hilberg: Austrian-born American political...
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown holds an emergency COBRA cabinet meeting to discuss an outbreak of foot and mouth disease on a farm in Surrey, England. The foot and mouth strain has been identified as a rare strain used at the nearby Institute for Animal Health at Pirbright. (Reuters) (BBC)
- Brazilian Defense Minister Nelson Jobim fires the head of the Brazilian airports authority, José Carlos Pereira for recent problems including the crash of TAM Linhas Aéreas Flight 3054 and hires Sergio Gaudenzi, the President of the Brazilian Space Agency. (New York Times)
- The United States House of Representatives approves legislation expanding the United States Government's ability to conduct surveillance without a court order on foreign terrorism suspects. (Reuters)
- The United States House of Representatives passes an energy bill which aims to expand the use of renewable energy and reduce tax concessions to oil companies. (BBC)
- Jesse Spielman – a United States Army soldier was given sentences of 110 years in prison in plea deals that spared him the death penalty for his role in the gang-rape and murder of an Iraqi girl and the mass murder of her family. (CNN)
- San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds ties Hank Aaron for most career home runs with 755, while Alex Rodriguez becomes the youngest player to hit 500 home runs in Major League Baseball. (TSN), (Sports Illustrated)
- At Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, NASA launches a Delta II rocket carrying the Mars Phoenix lander to explore the north of Mars.
- NASA's Phoenix spaceship is launched.
- Airport police officer Maria del Lujan Telpuk discovers a suitcase containing the undeclared sum of US$800,000 as it goes through an x-ray machine in Aeroparque Jorge Newbery in Buenos Aires, sparking an international scandal involving Venezuela and Argentina known as ''Maletinazo''.
- The Phoenix spacecraft launches toward the Martian north pole.
- A natural gas pipeline between Turkey and Greece is completed allowing gas to be sent from the Middle East to Europe. (Today's Zaman)
- An outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in Surrey, England prompts the banning of exports of British livestock and other animal products. (GlobeMail)
- Jesse V. Spielman a United States Army soldier is sentenced to 110 years for his role in the gang-rape and murder of 14 old Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi and the murder of her family. (CNN)
- The United States House of Representatives passes the budget for the United States Department of Defense. (Fox News)
- A vehicle with Florida license plates driven by men of Middle Eastern origin is stopped by police in Goose Creek, South Carolina, and found to be carrying explosive devices. (ABC)
- Oakland police claim that a 19-year-old man has confessed to the murder of Chauncey Bailey, the editor of ''The Oakland Post''. (CNN)
- United States forces claim that they have killed Haitham al-Badri, the leader of al-Qaeda in Salahuddin province in Iraq and believed to be the man responsible for the bombing of the Al-Askari Mosque in Samarra in June. (Reuters)
- NASA launches the Phoenix Mars Lander which is due to land in Planum Boreum on the Martian northern ice cap next year. (AP via Washington Post)
- 2007 South Asian floods: The Ganges River system will come under further strain from monsoon floods as 20 million are homeless in Nepal, India and Bangladesh. Almost 200 people have died. (ABC News Australia) (BBC)
- Ten pro-Taliban militants and four Pakistan Army soldiers are killed in a clash in North Waziristan near the Afghanistan border. In another incident, a suicide car bomber kills six in Parachinar, North West Frontier Province in Pakistan. (BBC)
Sport Games on 4 August 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Roeselare : 1 - 1
- Club Brugge - Bergen : 2 - 1
- Dender - Germinal : 1 - 2
- FC Brussels - Westerlo : 0 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Bordeaux - Lens : 1 - 0
- Caen - Nice : 1 - 0
- Lille - Lorient : 0 - 0
- Monaco - St Etienne : 1 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Hamilton - Dunfermline : 2 - 1
- Livingston - Dundee : 0 - 2
- Morton - Clyde : 3 - 2
- Queen of Sth - St Johnstone : 3 - 3
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Airdrie Utd - Raith Rvs : 0 - 1
- Berwick - Cowdenbeath : 1 - 1
- Peterhead - Alloa : 1 - 4
- Queens Park - Brechin : 3 - 0
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- A Bay Bay - Hurricane Chris
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain
- T-Pain - Bartender
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
- Get Me Bodied - Beyonce
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Un Juego - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Joan Sebastian - Eso y Mas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Some Bancrofts didn’t think that their family’s ownership of Dow Jones was ever going to be in the best interest of the company. [..]
Baby boomers are now groping for reading glasses to peruse menus in dim restaurants and to review the tiny instructions on medicine bottles. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?