Saturday 4 March 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David "Tinker" Juarez and Steven Weber in Queens.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'avventura, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Shadows On The Grass by Isak Dinesen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whiplash.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1961 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- David "Tinker" Juarez: Los Angeles, California -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics - 19th Place).
- Steven Weber in Queens: New York, USA; actor (Brian Hackett - Wings).
- Roger Wessels in Port Elizabeth: South Africa; golfer (1994 Canadian Masters).
- Mahito Oba: Japanese voice actor and narrator.
- Atsuko Asano: Japanese actress.
- Alain Coumont: Belgian chef founded Le Pain Quotidien
- Sabine Everts: former German track athlete
- Tinker Juarez: American motocross racer
- Ray Mancini: American boxer actor and producer
- Mahito Ōba: Japanese voice actor
- Theodosii Spassov: Bulgarian jazz musician
- Steven Weber: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Roger Wessels: South African golfer
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
- The Capris - There's A Moon Out Tonight
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?