Wednesday 8 March 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 8, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Camryn Manheim and Juan Vargas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Operation Eichmann, directed by R.G. Springsteen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Chess Players by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Treasure Seekers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 March 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1961 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Camryn Manheim: American actress.
- Juan Vargas: Politician.
- Larry Murphy in Scarborough: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Miguel Nicolelis: Scientist.
- Larry Murphy: Canadian ice hockey player and journalist.
- Mark Salas: American baseball player and coach.
- Henry Quinson: French essayist, professor, and lecturer, born to an American father.
- Thomas Beecham: English conductor and impresario best known for his association with the London Philharmonic and the Royal Philharmonic orchestras.
- US nuclear submarine Patrick Henry arrives at Scottish naval base of Holy Loch from South Carolina in a record underseas journey of 66 days 22 hours.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
- Ben E. King - Spanish Harlem
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Miracles (featuring Bill "Smokey" Robinson) - Shop Around
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Maxine Brown - All In My Mind
- Etta James - At Last
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
- Bobby Bland - I Pity The Fool
- Chuck Jackson - I Don't Want To Cry
- Brook Benton - For My Baby
- Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz (Look At His Eyes)
- Lawrence Welk And His Orchestra - Calcutta
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?