Wednesday 8 March 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Murphy in Scarborough and Henry Quinson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
L'avventura, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hotel Victoria.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1961 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Larry Murphy in Scarborough: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Henry Quinson: French essayist, professor, and lecturer, born to an American father.
- Camryn Manheim: American actress.
- Larry Murphy: Canadian ice hockey player and journalist.
- Mark Salas: American baseball player and coach.
- Thomas Beecham: English conductor and impresario best known for his association with the London Philharmonic and the Royal Philharmonic orchestras.
- US nuclear submarine Patrick Henry arrives at Scottish naval base of Holy Loch from South Carolina in a record underseas journey of 66 days 22 hours.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 March 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
- Ben E. King - Spanish Harlem
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?