Wednesday 15 March 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Melendez and Terry Cummings NBA forward (Milwaukee Bucks.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Ice Cold in Alex, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hotel Victoria.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1961 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- John Melendez: Jockey.
- Terry Cummings NBA forward (Milwaukee Bucks: Philadelphia 76ers).
- Terry Cummings: American basketball player: forward, Supersonics.
- Craig Ludwig: Rhinelander -- NHL defenseman (Dallas Stars).
- South Africa withdraws from the Commonwealth of Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?