Monday 5 December 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Marie and Troy Parkinson.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Goodbye Girl, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Restless Years.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus or Boot Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1977!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1977 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Michelle Marie: Jefferson; Miss Wyoming Teen USA (1996).
- Troy Parkinson: American psychic medium, filmmaker, producer and director; author of the 2009 book "Bridge to the Afterlife: A Medium's Message of Hope & Healing.
- Peter van der Vlag: Dutch footballer.
- Aleksandr Vasilevsky: Soviet military commander (Born 1895).
- Egypt breaks diplomatic relations with Syria, Libya, Algeria, Iraq and South Yemen. The move is in retaliation for the Declaration of Tripoli against Egypt.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 December 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou
- Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Fleetwood Mac - You Make Loving Fun
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?