Tuesday 6 December 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grant Brebner and Andrew Flintoff.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Goodbye Girl, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Beggarman, Thief by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Restless Years.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus or Zork.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1977!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1977 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Grant Brebner: Scottish football/soccer player-manager at Australian Victorian Premier League side Richmond SC.
- Andrew Flintoff: English cricketer.
- Kevin Cash: American baseball player and coach.
- Paul McVeigh: Irish footballer.
- South Africa grants independence to Bophuthatswana, although it is not recognized by any other country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou
- Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Fleetwood Mac - You Make Loving Fun
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?