Friday 5 November 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jonny Greenwood and Michael Winter Kleerekoper.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Shadow Of The Lynx by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 November 1971 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Jonny Greenwood: English guitarist and songwriter (Radiohead).
- Michael Winter Kleerekoper
- Corin Nemec: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Todd Collins: American football player, a quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs who was originally signed by the Buffalo Bills on 7/10/1995.
- Mårten Olander: Swedish golfer.
- Chris Addison: Welsh-English comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Sergei Berezin: Voskrensensk, Russia -- NHL forward (Team Russia, Olympics - Silver - 1998).
- Dana Jacobson: American sportscaster.
- Rob Jones: Welsh-English footballer and coach.
- Edmond Leung: Hong Kong singer-songwriter producer and actor (Big Four).
- Erick Walder: Mobile, Alabama -- Triple jumper.
- Corin "Corky" Nemec in Little Rock: Arkansas, USA; actor (Tucker, Parker Lewis).
- Michael Keelekooper: French musician, a singer along with his brother O. Winter Keelekooper.
- Sam Jones: American baseball player (Born 1925).
- Bolivia passes death penalty for political kidnapping
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?